Skilled Representation For Medical Malpractice Victims
Medical negligence takes many forms and happens more often than you might think. Despite years of training and education, medical professionals are not immune to mistakes, and patients and their families suffer as a result.
If you or a loved one has been harmed due to medical malpractice in Maryland, we can help you get the appropriate medical care and financial compensation you need and deserve.
For a free consultation with an experienced lawyer, contact Kenneth G. Macleay Law Firm at 240-545-5557 in Upper Marlboro. We advise and represent clients throughout Southern Maryland.
Types Of Medical Negligence
It may be shocking to hear that medical errors are one of the leading causes of death in the United States, but that is true, according to multiple studies.
In some cases, medical errors are so egregious that the medical community has categorized them as “never” events — as in they should never happen in a medical setting. Still, hundreds of “never” events happen each week in the United States.
Following are examples of medical negligence that may be the basis for a medical malpractice claim:
- Diagnostic errors, including misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis and failure to diagnose
- Surgical errors, including “never” events such as wrong-site surgery and leaving medical objects inside the patient’s body
- Medication errors, including undermedication, overmedication, administering the wrong drug and failure to check medical records for medication allergies
- Birth injuries, including injuries to the mother and injuries to the child that lead to conditions such as cerebral palsy and Erb’s palsy
- Anesthesia errors, including overdosage, under dosage and failure to monitor
Medical providers and their insurers are notorious for denying responsibility for medical errors and seeking to deny compensation to victims. Do not hesitate to put an experienced medical malpractice lawyer on your side to protect your rights and interests.
Contact An Attorney For A Free Consultation
If you believe that you or a loved one has been harmed due to medical negligence, contact Kenneth G. Macleay Law Firm in Upper Marlboro at 240-545-5557 to arrange a free consultation. We advise and represent clients throughout Prince George’s County, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore and all of Southern Maryland.